Went to a meditation and restoration event, after which I connected with some of my writer friends about writing. Now working on an application for a writing residency I’m really excited about and that seems made for me.
Booked onto a writing course too. Feels good to be investing in writing like this.
Learned about a tree conference in Cambridge in May. It’s on a weekend, £25 (early bird price) and easy for me to get to, so that’s exciting. So many of these events are for folks in arboricultural or forestry industries, so they’re during the week, expensive and challenging to get to via public transport. Anyway, I’m excited to have more tree options coming up soon.
Made plans to see the Among the Trees exhibition with a friend I made at the Botany class I did last month, so that feels great. Looking forward to it.
And I booked onto a couple of tree courses, well, another botany class and one specifically on broad-leaved trees. Yay!
Helpful spending time looking at balance when it comes to healthier habits. Especially looking at things that are readily achievable for me, even when I’m not feeling at my best. (Still working to get back to my bedtime routine, which travelling a month ago disrupted.)
So, things I’ll focus on:
- Sleep: No screens from 9.30 pm (ideally from 8 pm)
- Eat: Eating between 8 am and 8 pm (ideally 8 am and 5 pm / 6 pm / 7 pm, but this way there’s contingency built in)
- Move: Watch Chatterjee simple workouts and do a couple each week, Remember to keep doing HIIT walking (speed up for a bit, slow down for a bit, repeat)
- Relax: 15 minutes of me time daily, no devices (reading 😍)
I was vaguely wondering what to read next and then I received an abundance of books to borrow from friends and colleagues. Perfect timing for re-committing to read daily for significant periods of time.
- The Orchard of Lost Souls by Nadifa Mohamed
- The Walker’s Guide to Outdoor Clues & Signs by Tristan Gooley
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition by T. Colin Campbell, PhD with Howard Jacobson, PhD
- Jambalaya: The Natural Woman’s Book of Personal Charms and Practical Rituals by Luisah Teish
- Mental Fight: An Anti-Spell for the 21st Century by Ben Okri
- Bloom by Birdspeed
- Eyes Bottle Dark with a Mouthful of Flowers by Jake Skeets
Been enjoying the Grime Workout playlist, but also..
Hello from the magic tavern podcast
Really love this series of stories, love improv. And look, there’s a public health application too.